Developments within this site are expected to be up to six storeys in height and include commercial/office space facing Thomson Avenue and the Railway Station. Residential uses are being promoted on upper floors overlooking South Crichton Street and Slessor Gardens with active ground floor uses below (Restaurants, cafe's and speciality shopping).
Site 5 measures approximately 5,940 square metres (63,937 sq.ft.). All vehicle servicing will be undertaken from a central courtyard, access to which shall be from Earl Grey Place West which lies to the south-east of the site.
To assist developers, a series of supporting documents are being produced which offer more detailed technical, design and planning guidance. These are:
- Dundee Central Waterfront Masterplan
- Planning and Urban Design Framework
- Site 5 Development Brief
- Strategic Infrastructure Plan (available on request)
- Site 5 Infrastructure Information (available on request)
- Dundee Local Development Plan
- Community Benefit Agreements: During Construction
- Community Benefit Agreements: End User
- Community Benefit Agreements: Living Wage
- Active Ground Floor Development Guidance
The site and its surrounding context can also be viewed by downloading the Dundee Waterfront Interactive Tour App for iPad and Android