This site is considered suitable for developments of up to six storeys in height and ideally suited to commercial, office or hospitality/exhibition and conference services.
Separating the building from the Tay Road Bridge and South Commercial Street is an area of open space containing a pond which offers the building a high quality landscaped setting in an otherwise urban city centre environment. The pond forms part of a wider Sustainable Urban Drainage scheme. Vehicular access for servicing will be required to be achieved from the south-east.
To assist developers, a series of supporting documents are being produced which offer more detailed technical, design and planning guidance. These are:
- Dundee Central Waterfront Masterplan
- Planning and Urban Design Framework
- Site 17 Development Brief
- Strategic Infrastructure Plan (available on request)
- Site 17 Infrastructure Information (available on request)
- Dundee Local Development Plan
- Community Benefit Agreements: During Construction
- Community Benefit Agreements: End User
- Community Benefit Agreements: Living Wage
- Active Ground Floor Development Guidance
The site and its surrounding context can also be viewed by downloading the Dundee Waterfront Interactive Tour App for iPad and Android