Site 12 is located on the shoreline in the eastern area of the Central Waterfront. It benefits from a location overlooking the Riverside Esplanade, Tay Road Bridge access and Waterfront Place with views towards the new V&A Dundee as well as southward over the River Tay towards Fife.
(Artist Impression of possible development)
Developments within this site are expected to be of a mixed use nature, and may include commercial/office space facing the Riverside Esplanade and Tay Road Bridge.
The site extends to approximately 5,480 square metres (58,986 sq.ft.). Active uses are being promoted for the ground floor facing Waterfront Place and the River Tay, these could include leisure/cultural activities or specialist retail use.
All vehicle servicing is to be undertaken from a central courtyard which is access via Patent Slip Way entering from the north-east.
To assist developers, a series of supporting documents are being produced which offer more detailed technical, design and planning guidance. These are:
- Dundee Central Waterfront Masterplan
- Planning and Urban Design Framework
- Site 12 Development Brief
- Strategic Infrastructure Plan (available on request)
- Site 12 Infrastructure Information (available on request)
- Dundee Local Development Plan
- Community Benefit Agreements: During Construction
- Community Benefit Agreements: End User
- Community Benefit Agreements: Living Wage
- Active Ground Floor Development Guidance
The site and its surrounding context can also be viewed by downloading the Dundee Waterfront Interactive Tour App for iPad and Android
Construction Images and Update:
(July 2018) Work is continuing on the construction of Black Watch Parade - the combined walkway and cycleway which runs alongside Site 12.
(May 2016) preparation of the site is now complete. Works to complete the landscaping in the adjacent area are now progressing with new planting being put in place at the Tay Road Bridge.
(April 2015) Construction of South Castle Street and Patent Slip Way in progress: