Dundee has exported materials to trading partners throughout the globe.
Records demonstrate that in 1830 ships were regularly bound for the the United States and Canada, exporting cargoes that included Thread, Twine,Yarn, Stationery items, Stockings and even snuff-boxes and confectionery.
Dundee maintains links to this day, including through the Town Twinning arrangement with Alexandria in Virginia, near Washington DC.
Planting within the garden includes:
- Stipa Gigantea (Golden Oats / Giant Feather Grass)
- Miscanthus Sinensis Gracillimus
- Echinacea Purpurea (Purple Cone Flower / Black Samson)
- Liatris Spicata (Button Snakewort)
- Salvia Ostfriesland (Balkan Clary 'Ostfriesland')
- Origanum Herrenhausen (Oregano)
- Sedum Matrona (Stonecrop)
Additional plants from America and other regions of the world can also be found within the University of Dundee's Botanic Garden - open to the public throughout the year on Riverside Drive near Dundee Airport.