If you're driving, you're carrying a little piece of Dundee around with you. Bet you didn't know that? You see in 1832, James Bowman Lindsay sent the first ever wireless radio broadcast from right here in Dundee, and now the humble radio features in nearly every car on the road.
If you thought Dundee was far away and difficult to reach, what if we were to tell you, you could drive from London to Dundee in less than eight and a half hours? Or from Manchester in five?
Dundee is easy to get to with some of the best roads in the UK making travel fast and efficient. And if you don't drive, then climb aboard the Mega Bus Gold, a luxury sleeper coach service running from London to Dundee daily.
Just remember to have your radio on!
For more information on the luxury sleeper coach visit www.megabusgold.com
Plan your journey
Plan your journey by using the following websites:
Typical drive times:
- Aberdeen: 1hr 30min
- Glasgow: 1hr 50min
- Edinburgh: 1hr 20min
- London: 8hrs 30min
- Manchester: 5hrs
- Birmingham: 6hrs 20min
Coach Parking and Tour Groups
Group leaders are advised to contact their initial destination in advance to confirm coach drop off and pick up arrangements specific to that venue.
Coach Parking is provided in the following city centre locations (cannot be pre-booked)
Drop Off/Pick up locations for coaches (maximum stay 30 minutes):
- Crichton Street: DD1 3AN (suitable for City Centre, Caird Hall and Slessor Gardens)
- Discovery Point: Riverside Drive, DD1 4XA (suitable for RRS Discovery and V&A Museum) - please note that there are two parking points: an on-street lay-by near the end of the Discovery Ship and an off-street parking area adjacent to the Discovery Point Building, both are accessible by westbound vehicles only
- East Whale Lane: DD1 3JU (suitable for Olympia Leisure Centre)
- Meadowside, Howff: DD1 1AA (suitable for Mcmanus Museum)
- Miln Street, DD1 5BT (suitable for Verdant Works Museum)
Long Stay locations for coaches:
- Greenmarket: DD1 4QB (suitable for Science Centre and Dundee Contemporary Arts)
- Market Street: DD1 3LA (suitable for Dundee Museum Of Transport)
- Riverside Drive: Eastbound carriageway after Tay Rail Bridge (not recommended for drop-off/pick up of passengers. Drivers should park here until called back to city centre by group leaders)
24hr Secure Parking for coaches
- Xplore Dundee:44-48 Dock Street, DD1 3JS - must be prebooked (tel +44 1382 340015)